If you are addicted to mobile apps and love the outdoors--we'd love to chat. Trimble Outdoors is seeking a Product Testing/Customer Support Specialist to help test our expanding line of new mobile apps and to assist with customer support. This person will be the key player between the Trimble Outdoors team and its user community for technical support issues, and will also run product updates through a quality assurance process before they are released on new phones.
The applicant will be required to have:
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Experience using cell phones including experience purchasing games, ring tones, or applications from the cell phone handset.
• Experience using web browsers for mapping with applications like Google Maps or MapQuest.
• The ability to type at a reasonable rate
• Experience using email regularly
Associates degree with a technical slant is a plus but not required if candidate possesses appropriate experience.
40 hours per week with some opportunity for overtime. Some outdoor testing may require early morning start times to benefit from cooler conditions. The job is located at our Tempe, AZ office.
The ideal applicant:
• Uses Text Messaging on their phone regularly
• Uses Facebook or MySpace regularly
• Has had some experience with GPS other than just driving directions.
• Participates in one or more of the following: cycling, mountain biking, running, geocaching, hiking, backpacking, fishing, hunting, boating
Contact: Please call Bob Wold for more details at 602-579-9996 (9 a.m.-5 p.m. Pacfic).
About Trimble Outdoors
Trimble Outdoors is a software product family from Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB), a world leader in GPS since 1978. With Trimble Outdoors, consumers can use their GPS-enabled cell phones to navigate trails; track their fitness performance; geocache; and create, manage and share those experiences with others.