In recognition of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the need to raise funds to find a cure, we'll be at seven more Komen 3-Day for the Cure events this year. Last weekend was the San Francisco event and roughly 1,400 participates came out strong telling their personal cancer stories and walking 60 miles over 3 days through a persistent fog.
Our AllSport GPS ambassadors, Stephen and Susann Paige, were at Tent City charging participates' mobile phones in the AT&T booth, so walkers could call, tweet, or post their progress to friends and family who made generous donations. The booth was a sea of pink, phones, and phenomenal people. It's been an honor to partner with AT&T and support Komen. See you at the upcoming events in DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Dallas, Phoenix, and San Diego.
The Trimble Outdoors Insider Blog
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
AllSport GPS runs on phones all shapes and sizes. Our latest launch comes on the LG Neon II, released a few days ago by AT&T. AllSport GPS is preloaded on the phone, so all you have to do if launch it, login or create an account, and start your workout. No fussy downloading or tangled wires needed.
AllSport GPS uses the GPS chip built into the Neon II to track workouts--runs, bike rides, fitness walks, and more--on a map. You can see how far, how fast, and how many calories you burned with just a few taps on the fold-out QWERTY keyboard. Our app collects more than 20 fitness stats, and it costs a fraction of a monthly gym fee or expensive fitness watch. Take it for a free test run for 7 days then decide it you want to buy.
With AllSport GPS preloaded on the Neon II phone, you can:
• Track rides, runs, walks, and other workouts on street, aerial, and topo maps
• Collect 20 heart-pounding stats (time, speed, distance, and calories burned)
• Upload workouts from phone to web to see more maps and stats
• Send trips from online account to your phone
• Access editor-approved rides by Bicycling magazine and shared community trips
• Plan future workouts routes using free web-based maps tools
• Share public rides with friends
• Collect workout data outside cellphone coverage
• Store unlimited rides at allsportgps.com
• Race against previous workouts to better your personal records
• Use built-in training programs on your phone
• Lap function
• Store weekly workout logs on your phone
Let us know if you have any questions.