No outdoor adventure is complete without the Trimble Outdoors Navigator app to chart your position using GPS technology, view topos and aerial maps, track stats, take geotagged photos and so much more.
While you can use Trimble Outdoors Navigator several ways in the field, let's walk through how this powerful tool can record an awesome, interactive trip report that you can showoff to your friends and family.
1) Upon launching the app, there are a number of ways to begin your trip. From either the Compass, Map or Stats screen, tap the Track button to begin the trip.
|Select either TRACK or MARK|
2) You will be prompted to name and categorize the your trip. By default, the trip will be named with the activity and the date. There are 30 activities from which to choose plus a "General Navigation". Choosing the activity helps organize all your trips.
|Naming your trip|
3) Your trip is now being recorded. While you move about, the app will track your path, as seen on the Map screen, and you can now mark waypoints or capture photos, video or audio tracks that are automatically geotagged to the location you took them. Simply tap the Mark button and then select the desired point type. Selecting Photo, Video or Audio will immediately open your phone's built-in utility, and once you are finished, you will then name the point and you can see the point's latitude and longitude.
|Selecting your point type|
|A trip with many waypoints|
4) While your trip is in progress, the app tracks 17 different outdoor stats, including speed, elevation change pace and more. To view, simply select the Stats button from the home page, which displays seven of the stats. To change which are displayed, just tap on any of the white boxes and select the desired stat.
5) When you have finished your trip, go to the home screen and tap the red STOP button. After that, you'll have the option to share the trip with Facebook friends, and the trip will automatically be synchronized to your Trimble Outdoors account. All previous trips will be stored under the My Trips tab.
|View your previous adventures|
You can also write a more complete trip report and add more photos and videos by viewing your trip report at trimbleoutdoors.com. Keep the trip private or share it with the trimbleoutdoors.com community. Learn more about all of the amazing features of Trimble Outdoors Navigator now.